Giovanni Domenico Trifogli

image_print

Imola was one of the cities that benefited from the phenomenon known as the ‘Comacini Masters’: architects and master masons from Ticino, Switzerland – often related to one another – who were able to provide expert, close-knit teams and who exchanged techniques and commissions. In 1704, Imola offered Domenico Trifogli the important renovation of the cathedral’s crypt.

 

From that moment until the mid-1700s, he worked tirelessly in the city, completing high-profile religious and secular projects: Codronchi Palace near Sforza Castle, the refurbishment of the Carmelite church and monastery, Palazzo Tozzoni and the convent of the Poor Clares, located along present-day Via Cavour.


Last update: