It was rebuilt in 1354 by the Augustinian Friars, but the building underwent a series of modifications to enlarge it in the following centuries. The appearance it has now is due to the changes by Domenico and Cosimo Morelli realized around the middle of the 18th century, for the extension of the presbytery, the construction of the two large side chapels and the adjustment of the apsis. The inside, with one single nave and a circular vault, was adorned with stucco decorations around the middle of the 19th century.
Chiesa di Sant’Agostino
via Marsala 5
tel. +39 0542.23512 Parish Church
Visiting hours: upon appointment