The Park of the Acque Minerali is the green lung of Imola; it is chiefly known as a recreational area, but it also has a botanical and historical value. It is situated quite near the town centre and is completely surrounded by the racetrack “Enzo and Dino Ferrari”.
In 1830 Dr. Gioacchino Cerchiari discovered the curative mineral sulphureous spring waters which quickly made the area very popular. In 1871 this zone was then transformed into a park, with paths and flowerbeds, after the English models. Today the park (11 hectares) has a rich collection of local and exotic plants. The recent landscape works have highly upgraded the park, in fact two new children’s playgrounds have been added as well as various geological paths. Three historical areas have also been renovated: the area of the antique spring waters (where the old water tanks have been restored), the monumental staircase which leads from Viale Atleti Azzurri d’Italia to Belvedere, and the entrances to the park.
It is most interesting to notice at the north entrance, “Piazzetta della Fontana”, a ceramic work by the artist Mannes Laffi, and at the south entrance, “Piazzetta delle Querce”, a characteristic mosaic flooring which represents the logo of the park: an Oak leaf.
Parco Acque Minerali
entrance on via Atleti Azzurri d’Italia and via Kennedy
24 hours a day