Remigio Mirri

image_print

He was the son of Pietro, a rather well-known architect of Imola, and grandson of General Mirri, after whom the square, next to the church of S. Maria dei Servi, was named.

 

Remigio Mirri was a prominent architect, who projected and realised the marbled flooring of the Cathedral of S. Cassiano, and also renovated the square next to the church as well as many private homes in and around Imola. He is also well remembered for the transformation of the ex – convent of the Domenican nuns and which is now the official building that accommodates the Carducci Elementary Schools.

 

The attractive nursery school “Romeo Galli” in liberty style (inaugurated in 1911 under the name of Giardino d’Infanzia Principe di Napoli) and the construction of the Scuola Industriale “Alberghetti” – the Industrial College, are also his works.


Last update: