This complex is one of the most important artistic and historical sites of Imola. The Dominican convent was built in the 13th century; two cloisters were added in the 15th century and the complex was named after the adjoining Church of Santi Nicolò and Domenico.
It was the home of the Dominican friars until 1797, whenl it was transformed into barracks by the French troops. Luckily all these changes did not drastically alter the structure and skillful renovations permitted the opening of the second cloister, in 1988, as the Pinacoteca Comunale (the Art Gallery).
Convent of Saints Nicolò and Domenico
via Sacchi 4
Last Updated: 17/03/2021