It was built in 1750 under Pope Benedetto XIV on the site where the strategic passage over the Santerno River was possible. This tower offered shelter to the tax collectors while collecting the tolls of those who wanted to cross the river.
It resembles a small two-storey fortress with four corner towers. The facade has a marble plaque commemorating the construction and a niche in the shape of a bell which hosted a terracotta plaque which today is preserved in the Pinacoteca Comunale.
The building cannot be visited on the inside.
Daziaria or Gabella Tower
entrance on via Pisacane
Last Updated: 18/07/2020