The original building was founded by Cardinal Mastai Ferretti (who was to become Pope Pius IX) and entrusted to the Nuns of Buon Pastore.
The impressive building as we know it today – en entire block surrounded by a high brick wall and hosting a huge courtyard – was inaugurated later on, in 1895. It then undewent severe damages during the Second War World Until 1985 it always housed colleges and schools.
It is now private property and the court – recently named after Gilles Villeneuve – is occasionaly used for cultural events.
Former Buon Pastore Convent
via Manin 1
Last Updated: 06/11/2023